- Development strategy
- Social responsibility
- Our projects
- Our partners
- Branches and divisions
"Tatflot" shipping company has a development strategy that is devoted to modification of the enterprise, its changing into a highly effective and sustainable unit of a water transport industry of the Tatarstan Republic, that provides meeting the passengers’ needs and completing the environmental tasks.
The development strategy has a systematic nature and requires a comprehensive approach in reaching the goals. There are some factors determining the venture management way the enterprise solves its development problems, these factors are:
- huge dimensions and state significance;
- resource-demanding way of decision making;
- the need for comprehensive connection of company’s development activities, the development of water transport system as a whole, with the current or perspective tasks of other Federal and state program implementation;
- the necessity of taking into account the economic, demographic, social and other factors.
The company’s development strategy concept has some basic development directions:
- the improvement of the management system;
- the preservation and development of passenger transportation, including those of social suburban and regional significance, and government support measures;
- restoration and creation of river transport infrastructure (docks, ports, waterfront facilities);
- the modernization of the mining and cargo fleet;
- carrying out a complex of work in order to create high-speed, cost-effective and highly reliable cargo transport lines on the basis of high-speed passenger hydrofoil ships and pleasure boats for tourists transportation;
- creating a year-round navigation conditions;
- creating the appropriate conditions and assisting in the training process of qualified specialists.
The development strategy of PLC "Tatflot" shipping company underlines a number of significant advantages the waterway transport has:
1. Water transport is safe and power- saving with low level of air and water pollution.
2. Water transport fulfills passenger traffic and has social significance for the Republic.
3. It provides cargo transportation, primarily the transit of mineral resources and construction materials, with relatively low cost, and large-sized cargoes, that cannot be transferred by any other means.
4. It has significant growth potential.
5. Investment in the maintenance of waterways is ten times less than road and rail costs.
6. The river transportation costs are considerably lower in comparison with the rail and road transportation costs.
7. River transportation is safer than the road one.
A powerful water transport artery in Tatarstan is one of the infrastructural potential of the Republic. The geographical position of the Tatarstan Republic, located in the centre of the Volga Federal district is favorable for transportation between the "Great Volga" Association members for the development of transit and continental transfer.
The transport situation of the Tatarstan Republic in the Volga Federal district, its relations with other regions of Russia, the Baltic States, Ukraine, Eastern Europe can significantly improve, after the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation applies its project "The Big Water Circle" (Volga-Dunay-Rein), devoted to the use of the inner water transport means, like ships of a "river-sea" category, when transferring passengers along the following waterway: the Baltic sea- the Neva river - the Volga-Baltic waterway- the Volga river - the Volga – the Dunay waterway - the Dunay river - the Rein river - the Baltic sea, with its waterways to the Caspian sea, to the Northern sea route. The project provides the links between The Caspian sea, the Volga-Baltic water system and the Western Europe ports.
The development driven priority of the PLC "Tatflot" and the inner water transport industry in the Tatarstan Republic will increase according to the growth of the transportation number and the discovery of new Russian waterways for foreign ships.
We understand the development of the transit potential in the Tatarstan Republic depends on the formation and functioning of the international transport corridors, including the creation of international multimodal logistics centres. However, the comprehensive way of potential application, providing effective local and interregional economic relations is constrained by the absence of the appropriate market infrastructure in the region. The current level of regional transport and wholesale and warehouse infrastructure lags behind the level of developed countries. There is no multi-modal freight terminal. It should be noted, that transportation provided by the international transport corridors is primarily a container transportation, including several types of the other transport. Building of Sviyazhsk multimodal logistics center will contribute to solving that problem.
The same comprehensive approach in problem solving, determined by the company’s development strategy, the reconstruction and building of an inner waterway transport infrastructure will assist in the development of an inner water transport industry in the Republic, as well as the development of related industries as: public catering, hotel industry, tourism industry, including services for provision and maintenance of passenger and freight transport, and the following construction and development of enterprises producing small vessels, spare parts, machinery, providing and maintaining the water transport, as well as the design and construction of new generation vessels, pleasure boats, motorboats, yachts in Tatarstan. The development of an inner water transport in combination with other types of transport will help to enhance the overall mobility of the population of the Tatarstan Republic, it will improve the welfare of citizens, increase social stability and provide increasing the inflow of some tax payments to the budget of the Republic of Tatarstan.